Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 4 June 2011

Info Post

antique mirrorr makeover 10

antique mirrorr makeover 2I found this lovely old antique mirror for sale at a really good price, so I decided to buy it and recycled it. First I took some painter's tape and cardstock and I covered over the mirror.antique mirrorr makeover 1

antique mirrorr makeover 3

         I then gave it a lovely coat of acrylic paint. I used Gecko, and Turquoise and mixed in splashes of Antique White. With my Gecko I used a Color Float so I could play with the color and decide where I wanted to put it. I also applied a crackle medium.antique mirrorr makeover 4

After the crackle medium  was dry I put some Tim Holtz Distress Inks from Ranger on a cloth and rubbed it gently into the distressed cracked to complete my age look.

antique mirrorr makeover 5

I then glue on some beach glass. I LOVE beach glass!antique mirrorr makeover 6 

antique mirrorr makeover 9

antique mirrorr makeover 7   

I also glued on some nifty buttons.antique mirrorr makeover 8

antique mirrorr makeover 10

antique mirrorr makeover 11After a bit of lace and rhinestones, my antique mirror is now complete! So cool and easy to do!

Gotta love re-crafting things! You have to give it a try….you will love it!

Have a super crafty day!

~Susan

0 comments:

Post a Comment