Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 5 October 2012

Info Post
Photobucket Photobucket
boots: Weekday
drawing: by Lois
double binded paper: Maison Martin Margiela

Footwear for the next two cold seasons should be of the kind to be able to withstand serious abuse; the uneven brick streets of Amsterdam, jumping over puddles of water (and occasionally missing), wet days and frozen days. What I like about Weekday is that unlike the rest of all the high street stores they kind of have their own aesthetic, do their own thing and rarely copy something from the runways. The design of these ankle boots are an example of that; asymmetric seams, solid triangular heels in soft black leather. I was too late to get my hands on the suede version of these which came out last winter, so when they redid them in leather I was beyond excited.

However, when I got to Weekday to get a pair, I fell in love with half open grey suede pumps and left the practical boots behind. On my way out carrying my impulse buy in a plastic bag I knew my quest to the perfect winter boots wasn't over, the consequence being that I'd still have to buy more shoes. Today autumn showed its typical self; killing conditions for the new light grey suede darlings. First thing I did this morning was bring them back and taking the practical pair of everyday boots which I wanted in the first place. What a relief to be able to strike that off my list and have great addition to my wardrobe instead of an unfunctional object of clutter!

--My daughter Lois drew a picture of them on Margiela paper; illustrations can't get any better if you ask me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment