Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 9 August 2012

Info Post
Photobucket

Last week an unexpected nightmare became reality. My DIY transparent necklaces were ripped off, copied, plagiarized and being sold at one of Europe’s biggest online retailers.
Luckly everything has been set straight.

I shared the detailed description and measurements of this piece of jewelry a few months ago so that everyone can make their own. (I loooove love seeing people make and wear one of my DIYS!) DIY posts are an antidote to consumption. Though it was a big compliment and proof that bloggers do have a great influence on fashion rather than just following trends, seeing one of my do it yourself projects become a profitable product was something that turned my stomach around and made me feel physically sick.

Minutes after sharing this discovery on Facebook, the heartwarming, supporting reactions poured in. I never ever expected that so many people would care and I can not describe how grateful I am. Some comments almost brought me to tears and some people even took a few minutes out of their day to email the Nelly.com customer service to express their disgust. I have no words, Thank You is a huge understatement.

The next day I phoned Nelly.com and they took action right away by taking the necklaces and bracelets offline. My biggest question to them was; how could this happen? Nelly did not actually ‘design’ the accessories but bought them from a manufacturer in China for their line. They were not aware that the design of the jewelry was stolen and it wasn’t their intention to take advantage of the content of blogs. On the contrary Nelly says to be a big fan of bloggers and often works together with them. They took this matter very seriously and were sincerely sorry that it had happened. The necklaces are back online and have been renamed to 'Ivania Carpio necklace and bracelet’ acknowledging the design, also Nelly.com has said to give me all the profit that these pieces will make. So thank you Nelly for the acknowledgment.



__________________________________________________________________
FREE NECKLACES
Lastly, Nelly.com is giving away half of the stock of necklaces (145 pieces)
to the lovely readers of Love Aesthetics. Click here if you want one!
It is fantastic to see that fashion really has become somewhat democratic and that consumers have influence on the actions of big corporations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment