Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 12 October 2012

Info Post
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

pictures taken by me and runway images courtesy of firstview.com

When I got to Sommerset House on that sunny Sunday morning and saw how empty the place was, it hit me that it was only 9.30 instead of 10.30 and I had forgotten to put my clock an hour back when arriving in London. The silver lining though was that I got to talk to all the designers who were not too busy at this hour. Highlight was meeting Marta Marques and Paulo Almeida, who were both chilling at a table besides their collection that they showed the previous day.

What I saw was a Nineties / early noughties feel, lot's of heavily frayed denim and raw unsewn edges. But much less of the extremely destroyed, trashed denim as seen in previous collections. It was a bit less grunge and a bit more -dare I say- girly. Ok, girly in the sense of: it would have been perfect for the sisters of my friends anno 1998, the ones that had a ring through their nose, a messy bedroom with piles of clothes and platform shoes on the floor and an ashtray next to the window.

0 comments:

Post a Comment